Cat & Kitten Adoption
The Stark County Humane Society has many wonderful cats and kittens waiting for
a loving home. We urge you and your family to visit our shelter at 5100 Peach Street,
Louisville, Ohio to adopt your next or first family pet today. Our shelter adoption
- Monday through Friday 11:00 AM to 6:00 PM
- Saturday and Sunday 11:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- The shelter is closed on holidays
The adopter will receive an incentive allowance to help cover the cost of having the animal spayed/neutered. All animals will receive a free veterinary examination voucher. This voucher is good for two weeks, and will waive the office call fee at participating veterinary offices. Animals being adopted will have received their first booster vaccines (including rabies, if of appropriate age), and treated for Round and Hooks Worms. Animals 10 weeks or older have been microchipped.
We do offer a twenty-four (24) hour hold on the animals but there is a $10 hold fee per animal. This is not refundable but will apply towards adoption fee upon the animal’s adoption.
RETURN TO OWNER(S):
These fees will vary depending on what service(s) have been provided to the animal:
- Boarding (No Vaccines): $20 first two (2) days ($10 each additional day)
- Boarding (Vaccines): $30 first three (3) days ($10 each additional day)
- Boarding (Vaccines and Spayed/Neutered): $60 after three (3) days. Microchip; with owner's permission.
Animal must be claimed within four (4) to seven (7) days of arrival. Regular adoption fee(s) apply to any animal returned to owner after this period.
The shelter does not accept personal checks for adoptions of animals. The shelter
will accept cash or credit cards only.
- Mailing Address
P.O. Box 7077, Canton, Ohio 44705
- Shelter Address
5100 Peach Street, Louisville, Ohio 44641
- E-Mail Address